Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Formations

It would probably help my readers if they knew something of my background. I'll try to shortly fill in those blanks so that you may at least try to understand some of the things I write about in later posts. I don't want to bore you, but its important to know where someone is coming from in order to understand what they say and why they're saying it.

Put simply, I grew up in A Christian home, with both parents, in relatively good circumstances. We were not rich, but we lacked for nothing. My Dad was probably the most influential person in my young life. He was a very dedicated Christian, but also a very independent thinker. I would inherit at least some of that! He was also the best Sunday School teacher I ever had. No one ever shared the love of Jesus with me more than he did.

From the time I was 12 to the time I was 15, I became aware that I needed something more spiritually. Having been raised and influenced in a Christian home and attending a Christian church, of course, I perceived it was a faith relationship with Jesus Christ. Some would conclude that all that was just my culture and environment -- and you're welcome to your opinions. I consider it the work of God, The Holy Spirit. When I was 15, I finally surrendered my life to Christ, and was baptized in Parkwood Baptist Church in Durham, NC. From there, my spiritual journey took on a distinctive direction that, undoubtedly, was guided by providence.....

No comments: