Sunday, December 30, 2007

On Blogging, On Again--Off Again, and 2008

I am returning to the classroom fulltime, teaching Religion, History, Theology and Bible courses this semester. I'm looking forward to it in a variety of ways. I know I'll be busy, but at least I won't be busy with 3 and 4 jobs -- just with two!

I know my efforts have been on-again off-again, but I hope to post a bit more consistently in the coming new year. As far as plans about coming posts, I can't say I have a bunch set in stone -- but I can pretty much gaurantee you'll see several historic commentaries on the documents which I treasure the most in declaring and explaining my own theology and doctrinal foundation. I am also certain that, with the quickly approaching Presidential Primary in South Carolina in this national election year, I'll have plenty to say rather soon on politics.

In case anyone reading this doesn't know -- Jesus loves you. Jesus died for you. Jesus was raised from the dead, and through faith you may receive the gift of eternal life in Him. Nothing that I am, have been, or will be, would matter apart from that truth. Whether or not you acknowledge this reality, it is no less as true for you. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, the fullness of the Godhead veiled in flesh, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.... And apart from Him, no one is justified, and no trespass is forgiven.

In the new year, I hope, trust and pray that His light will shine through me -- that others may see Him, and that they may come to the truth of salvation.

Blessings for this coming New Year -- and I will post more soon!

JDW

No comments: